Supplies inspirational gospel music during church services.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Honoring God daily through Music (2 Chron. 7:6)
- Growing in grace in the knowledge and service of God (2 Peter 3:18)
- Supporting and encouraging one another in love (Prov. 27:17)
- Utilizing our God-given talents in praise and worship God (Psalm 146:1-2)
- The Music Ministry supplies gospel music during Church services.
- Trains budding and talented singers and instrumentalists.
- Organizes Annual Summer Festival of Gospel Music in the Church.
- Presents Annual Christmas Concert.
Like the church, the Music Ministry had a humble beginning. It started at the same time the church was founded and was made up of a few members. At the time, choir rehearsals were originally held in the home of one of those members and then in the basement of the Pastor’s home where the instruments were housed. Since the church had not acquired its permanent location, the instruments had to be transported and set up two hours before service began–another hour was allocated once service was over, to dissemble the instruments and return them to the Pastor’s home. This went on for a couple of years, until the church moved to its permanent site. The choir is made up of people from different walks of life–students, working professionals, academicians, teenagers, adults, sons, daughters and parents as well as songwriters and choreographers.